What is outsourcing?
Outsourcing is any task, job or business process that could be performed by an employee or department within your company but is instead contracted to a third party. Outsourcing is often associated with sending jobs to other countries, in fields such as call centers and computer programming.
More common local examples include transportation of products, security services, tax compliance and other accounting functions, payroll and HR functions. The main reason for outsourcing is saving time and costs.
What are the benefits of outsourcing?
Briefly give a description of the process of outsourcing payroll services
Outsourcing your payroll services is like outsourcing the repairs and maintenance of your motor vehicles. Customers only need to send their payroll data to their outsource provider. Thereafter the provider runs the payroll, generates all the reports you require and sends them to you.
If the customer wishes your provider will transact payments to all your staff once their account has been funded. In addition the provider will pay all your payroll third parties on your behalf – ZIMRA, NSSA, health insurers, pension funds, etc. And if ZIMRA or some other government authority wishes to audit your payroll, it will be done at the provider’s place of business. Imagine the weight off your shoulders and your ability to get on with achieving the goals of your core business.
2. Specifically what does your company do differently from the rest that would make companies want to engage them (here to include any accolades won, recognition, calibre of staff)
Our staff is highly trained and completely familiar with the Zimbabwe payroll environment. We manage our staff performance monthly – that is they have set monthly performance targets to achieve – and providing customer service excellence is one such target.
Autopay is fully equipped with the expertise and experience to manage your payroll function. We have the people, standard operating procedures, technology, experience and knowledge to deliver comprehensive, accurate and timely payroll services to our clients.
Our service delivery model is tailored to suit any organizational structure and requirements. No payroll is too big or too small for us. We are ever-ready and confident to step up and deliver.
We emphasize on privacy and confidentiality. We maintain appropriate security controls to protect your information at all times.
Payroll processing is our core business we have been around for more than 30 years.
We are the largest privately owned salaries bureau in Zimbabwe.
3. What are the benefits of outsourcing payroll services (to include confidentiality issues, time factor, reduction of costs,)
By outsourcing the payroll organisations can maintain total confidentiality and enjoy the benefits of zero costs of employing and training a professional payroll officer, zero costs on payroll licensing fees, zero costs on providing and maintaining a computer equipment and printers.
Organisations can save time, thus can save money and HR staff can be allocated to do the work they should be doing – developing HR strategic plans, helping staff to learn and managing staff performance.
4. In comparison regionally how are Zimbabwean companies/organisations faring in outsourcing payroll services
I can’t speak for the region other than to say we are providing outsourced payroll services to the region – Botswana, Zambia, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland and Namibia.
5. What are some of the barriers/challenges that holding back companies from uptake of external help
Usually it’s fear of the unknown. Sometimes it’s the fear of losing control. Sometimes it is the fear of being found running a non-compliant payroll.
6. Future prospects of out sourcing services
In the developed world business and non-governmental organisations have learnt the value to their business of outsourcing services. With advances in technology, I can see the future demand only increasing.
7.Outsourcing Trends For the Future
- Outsourcing relationships are now more standardized, and process and people driven rather than price driven. This change is believed to level the playing field for outsourcing service providers in the future
- Cost pressures will pave the way for custom outsourcing contracts that are flexible in their SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and scope of delivery
- SMES will witness a higher adoption of outsourcing in order to reduce the operational inefficiencies and increase their time to market
8. Will outsourcing survive in years to come?
Definitely yes. Outsourcing will continue to survive in the future, as it provides companies the access to specialized skills and save on time and effort, which can be channeled into the other core business ventures.
Are you ready to take the next step in outsourcing your Payroll and HR? Contact us at Autopay to discuss your requirements and get a customized payroll solution.